The Legend of ACME Labs
Contributed by G2
Seeing as how I've only been in this fleet for a couple, well 6 or so years, I
cannot tell quite the wowers that the legendary Crump has enlightened us with!
However I've seen some seriously interesting things in my still young
escapades. Most of them start with Henry. Since at one time or another he
has been my instuctor, coach, partner, skipper, crew (yes a few times), and
all around best friend he was there and started most of it. So here it is a
brief story of the boys at team AcmeLabs.
When I was a boy, knee high to me fathers kilt I was sailing the evil plastic
monsters sent up from hell. Otherwise know as the Laser family. Rescued from
this certain life of damnnation by a very heavy wood decked thing that had a
number somewhere in the 6,000 range. Out of this AcmeLabs were born.
What other team (in recent history PAT!) has been known for such things as:
Now that Good old Henry has decided to build all glass boats (ounce again we
think we can do it better than those silly English types) and I'm driving
now, Acme labs has new members and young ideas. Lets see what they come up
- Sleeping in everything from boat trailers, yacht clubs, Jeep trucks, 300 yr old sail lofts and even under fireball mains!
- Consuming enough alchol to kill a small elephant on the airplaine to England (and Aus for that matter)
- Kissing Ian Pinnel on the forehead for luck
- Gained the reputation as "those damn Yanks who come every weekend to drink our beer, race, chase our women and then go home!"
- Studied under the ways of Crump and Tof at the 94 Nats! Came to the
conclusion that they were fast yes, but old none the less!
- Rethought the ENTIRE fireball rigg because we were convinced that the rest of the world was wrong!
- Snapped a mast that belonged to my dad cause we decided "Hey its not too windy out here!" Yeah, and the waves are real small too!
- Found so many good people and friends in this fleet we will probably never
leave! Sorry you're stuck with us!
Team AcmeLabs USA
P.S. If anyone can think of any good stories about us I'd love to hear them.
I fried that half of my brain!