Ontario Fireball Association - Selected Readings
Check out The Firezone for newsletter reprints.
A selection of articles on tech & technique from around the world
- Used boat buyer's guide - who built what!
NOW THAT YOUR BOAT'S IN SHAPE..... HOW'S YOUR BACK?
Firezone article reprint
- On The Wire Trapezing technique by Reudi Moser - from the
Power Trapezing From the Sailing World site
- Crewing Fireballs Jarrod Simpson - from the UK archives
- Rig Setup for Light-Weight Crews Chris Payne - from the UK
- Fireball Mast Tuning By David
Equating mast side-bend and sail twist From WB-Sails
- Pinnell & Bax Tuning Sheet
- Mast Maintenance - The Preferred Option UK archives
Rebuilding CAN12362 From the Ottawa Fleet page
- Building a simple Fireball dolly
By Phil Locker
Fireball Frenzy Short blurb on the Fireball at Sailboat show.
From Yachts&Yachting, issue 46
- Racing Tips for
the Olympic Trapezoid course
- The Harken website has many
rigging ideas, including
halyard pumps, and
- Some thoughts on what to wear, from the
sites, and a
- How tough are they? from Epoxyworks Magazine.
- Fiberglassing a wooden deck? Tom Egli
- Tacking technique + jib sheeting Tom Egli
- Preventing spinnaker jams Tom Egli & Henry McCray
- Deck-level rig tension Henry McCray
- Knowing your numbersHenry McCray
- Tuning for AltitudeHenry McCray
- Race ManagementHenry McCray
- Thoughts on Foils Tom Egli
- Fireball Speed Secrets - for those building a boat.
- Thinking about building your own foils?
- Some interesting tech ideas can be found on the Thistle home page.
A few homebuilding pics!
Back to OFA homepage.
Please tell me if any of these links go bad!