THE RITE OF FIRE
The purpose of this rite is to invoke the archetypal fire spirit into one's own being, the formula to keep in mind being Fire = Energy = Motivation. The gnosis to be employed is sheer physical exhaustion. All participants must put out as much energy as they are capable of doing without harming themselves permanently. The statement of intent is embodied in the invocation itself, and can be changed to suit one's own needs.
1. The leader of the rite and assistants (if any) administer a sacrament of bread, "wine" and the ointment. All should be charged in whatever manner one desires before the rite begins. For the wine, we used Bacardi 151 with some appropriate food coloring; the ointment we have used was Tiger Balm applied to the temples. The recipe we used for the bread will be found hereafter.
2. The leader and assistants play on flute, drum and rattle. The tempo begins slowly and builds. All participants dance, envisioning themselves as motes of fire in a huge flame. No holding back!!!
3. The leader screams the following invocation:
Oh leaping lord of flaming fire
We invoke thee - be here now!
Burn the mundane dross from us!
Slay our bodies on the pyre
And fill us with thy holy fire!
Enrobe! Destroy! Consume! Consume!
Our phoenix rites from our doom!
Our skin! Our fat! Our hair! Our bones!
Our own cremation we intone!
We invoke thee!
4. In unison, all shout the Mantra of Agni Deva at the top of
their lungs while continuing to dance:
Jai Agni Agni
Jai Sri Agni
5. All continue to dance and repeat the mantra until
involuntary collapse occurs. As each individual falls, they
should let out a piercing Hoop-Lah!. Their vision of their own
destruction and subsequent rebirth should take place at this
point. The rite concludes when no one is left standing.
Invocation in Barbaric Tongue:
IO HARBEBED ERFELCOPGECHEREF HACHAR ASHARA
FETH LOHIXOZ HEV - PEJAP GWACHOR!
SHASAC WOJ LAVID SEGWAR FETH!
FIP OXO TUMPEDOCRAHAR FIFENG
TEDADEXOG FETH HEV SEH ASHARA!
BICHEZ! REHOHUR! CHENCEB! CHENCEB!
OXO BAN FWOFIDAYO SEGWAR OXO DIBUQ!
OXO RICHFETAVDEDAZ! OXO ACHAJGEFUN! OXO HOCUR!
OXO BERCPIF! OXO DAFOH FETH GOJ! FETH LOHIXOZ HEV!
The bread sacrament was prepared as follows:
1/2 cup yellow corn meal
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons clarified butter (ghee)
Mix together in a bowl; pour over it 3/4 cup of boiling
water; beat in one egg.
Add 2 teaspoons Vietnamese-style hot garlic sauce.
Drop by tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet and cook for
15 minutes in an oven at 400 degrees. This makes enough for
a dozen cookies. They're quite volatile.
Corpus Fecundi Index