A Yellow Working
To rid oneself of potentially ego damaging block, or denied memories.
- Yellow candles
- Kamea of Sol
- A box of any shape, or size
- Solar incense
- Music of a childlike nature may be used to enhance the atmosphere.
The box should have a lid. Paint the inside gloss black, or line it with an irregular reflective surface, such as aluminum foil. The outside should be decorated with any drawings, pictures, or whatever one may want to help evoke a childlike state of mind, and to help trigger childhood memories.
The premise for this rite is that we all have blocked memories in ourselves, that we either won't, or can't face. They may include everything from being teased at school by our "friends" to emotional, physical, or mental abuse by parents, loved ones, etc. The purpose of this rite is to draw these hidden memories up into a closed box, open it in a manner similar to the Pandora myth, and meet, greet, and make peace with the memories, as they can be very detrimental to one's ego growth if kept hidden. Instead of finding hope in our boxes though, we will find acceptance, and peace with oneself, and one's past.
1. Opening of any sort one feels comfortable with.
2. Statement of intent: "It is my will to greet my past, and accept it for what it is."*
3. MO recites the invocation:
I call the past to meet the present,
that the future may be bright.
I bring myself forth from the dark,
and hold me to the light.
Let not the past control my present,
let not my future be dark as night.
I meet and greet me with open arms,
and move back into the light.
4. At this point, one person sits in the center of the group with their box, keeping it closed. Hishi focuses on the box while the rest of the participants circle around hir, teasing, insulting, degrading hir. At this point, the teasing should not be to personal. When hishi reaches gnosis, hishi opens the box, and gazes inside, seeing whatever they see. At this point, the taunting should reach a more personal, and vicious attitude. This continues until hishi closes their box again.
5. The box then is dealt with in whatever manner hishi sees fit. It can be destroyed, left open in a spot of sunlight, or kept for future uses, as it may be a good idea to do this more than once.
6. When the first person is finished, another takes hir place, until the entire group has a turn.
7. Banish by laughter, and hugs all 'round.
* - Even in a group working, the single person should be used, as this rite targets the individual, not the group as a whole. The group is here to facilitate gnosis, and provide support for the person when they are done.
This rite, for what should be obvious reasons, can be very painful, both in the memories, and the method of achieving gnosis. If one doesn't feel comfortable facing these memories, or bawling like a baby in front of the group, one should pass on this rite. A future version will be written aimed at doing this as a solo working.
Corpus Fecundi Index