THE MAGNETO MASS
Magneto is a mutant entity first revealed in Marvel Comics' X-Men series. He has the power of absolute control over the forces of magnetism. He is thus an archetype of attractive / repulsive forces, embodying the potentials for green and red forces simultaneously. His physical form is that of a muscular man dressed mainly in red, wearing a helmet and cape.
All that is needed for this rite are a pair of identical magnets, the bulb from a crocus plant, a few iron filings, and a glass of water colored with green food coloring for each participant.
0. An opening rite is performed.
1. Declaration of intent:
Behold, we are intermediate forms
Upon the path of evolution.
Every man and woman is a star.
Stars change; we change.
Every man and woman is a mutant.
It is our will to mutate and evoke Magneto,
Red Lord of Green Power.
Magnetic forces come forth, in nomine Mutans!
2. Each participant in turn holds their crocus bulb in their left hand and recites:
DINTHOQAF CHO AP LOMUS HACHACON!
(The power of change is within this plant!)
3. The participant drops the bulb into the green water.
4. The participant performs a single Gnostic Thunderbolt, but visualizes all 5 chakras and points as being green. When the thunderbolt is exploded, the energy is channeled into the elixir, and the participant shouts:
(The power flows!)
5. After all have completed the above two steps, each of them take up the two magnets, one in each hand. Hold them so that the opposite poles face each other and say:
DINTHOQAF CHO RENCEB NAGUZ SEGWAR THETES!
(The power of drawing together!)
6. Bring the two magnets together.
7. Draw the two magnets apart and turn them so the same poles face one another. Say:
DINTHOQAF CHO RENCEB THETES SEGWAR NAGUZ!
(The power of driving apart!)
8. Bring the two magnets together again.
9. The MO addresses the rest of the participants:
Here is the power of attraction,
Which we call Love.
We are drawn by that which is unlike us,
For we seek it.
We are repelled by that which is like us,
For we wish to change.
10. The magnets are placed beneath a piece of green paper, and the iron filings are sprinkled on top. Each participant draws the lines formed by the filings on the paper on a second paper.
11. The drawing produced above is charged as a sigil with whatever means participants wish to use. The sigils are then burnt as the participants chant the name Magneto over the fire.
12. A few of the ashes from the burnt sigil, along with some of the iron filings, are mixed into the green water.
13. Each participant takes the glass of green water and begins slowly spinning deosil. Hishi drinks the water while the other participants chant:
RENCEB MAGNETO, RENCEB MAGNETO,
MAGNETO MAGNETO, RENCEB RENCEB
14. When all have consumed the elixir, a pile of iron filings are put out. Each participant in turn places their hand upon the pile. Each then turns to the rest and displays their hand with the iron filings stuck to it, and declares:
My left hand, attraction
My right hand, repulsion
The green, the red.
I am Magneto.
15. Each person creates a sigil and mantra from the above four lines. This sigil is kept; whenever the person henceforth wishes to call upon attractive/magnetic powers, hishi can simply view the sigil and recite the mantra.
Corpus Fecundi Index