THE ALCHYMICAL MARRIAGE
Here follows the marriage rite of Xtoh and Xtc.23 as performed on July 20, 1996.
It may be freely adapted for unions, handfasting, nuptials or orgiastic joinings of any sort. The key factor is that it be performed at the ocean so that the Deep Ones may add their psychic slime to the occasion.
- Clippings of the hair of both celebrants
- A razor blade or sharp knife
- A long scarf
- A chalice
- Totems to exchange.
Use the Opening of the Outer zones.
Synopsis: Begin by vibrating IAO, one breath per letter, then call the directions widdershins by the names of HASTUR (east), SHUB-NIGGURATH (north), CTHULHU (west), YOG-SOTHOTH(south), NYARLAHOTEP (outside the circle, the beyond) and AZATHOTH (the center). The complete version of this ritual is available on elsewhere on this site.
0. Statement Of Intent:
"IT IS OUR WILL TO JOIN (celbrant's name-X-) AND (celebrant's name-Q-)IN A UNION OF POWER, JOY, AND INSPIRATION FOR THE GREATER FORCE OF CHANGE."
1. Celebrants join hands side by side, forming the rune Ehwaz (partnership). They walk until they are standing in the ocean and fling their hair clippings to the sea, saying:
"BY THIS I SHED ALL PAST KARMA. BY THIS I RELEASE ALL PATTERNS AND OPEN TO NEW LIFE. BY THIS I AM FREE."
2. Celebrants turn to each other, and wrap the scarf aroung their joined hands. Spontaneous or prepared vows may be spoken at this time, priest-priest(ess) sacramental words exchanged, as desired.
3. Let each celebrant in turn then say:
"I, (magickal name), as priest(ess) and sorcerer(ess), marry X and Q together for power, joy, and inspiration, for the greater force of change."
4. Each celebrant then cuts onto their joined hand (where the thumb meets the forefinger) an eight rayed wheel or glyph. They press the bleeding chaos stars together, and annoint the chalice and scarf with their joined blood.
5. Totems, amulets, or rings are then exhanged.
6. Open the champagne, making sure some is poured to the ocean. Break the bread and let each celebrant toss some to the waves. Say:
" SO IT IS IN OUR BLOOD. SO IT IS IN OUR BODIES. THE TWO ARE ONE IN EARTH AND SEA, IN AIR AND FIRE. SO MOTE IT BE."
The celebrants may then drink of the blood blessed champagne and feed each other the bread.
7. Close by deosil thank ewes to the deities.
And then its party time!
Suggestion: Let the newly joined then walk a large sigil in the sand, symbolic of union, while still holding ends of the scarf. The flexible web or net created by the tension of moving points is an excellent metaphor and beginning for a healthy relationship.
Corpus Fecundi Index