THE R'LYEH AWAKENING
An Evocation of Kthulhu the Elder God
R'lyeh, the sleeping city in the depths of the subconscious ocean. There lays Kthulhu in not so silent slumber, dreaming of What will come. We Will awake R'lyeh and Kthulhu and call our sleeping dreams to life.
A stick Totem in shape of the "Kthulhu Sigil", fuel and space for fire (outdoors), and each participant need have a personal sigil or symbol of a dream they will to come to life drawn on a small piece of paper. Before Rite begins all tie or glue sigils to Totem.
0. Space is opened by Magi leading Rite drawing a very large Seven pointed star on ground while chanting "IMIN".
1. All step into a corner point. Those not fitting in the 7 will circle around the outside of the star. All at corners walk interconnecting star lines while chanting "IMIN". All outside circle walk counter-clock chanting the same.
2. As leading Magi begins this Invocation all stop and repeat:
KTHULHU HEAR THE ELDER SONS
KTHULHU OF THE ANCIENT ONES
KTHULHU WE CALL TO YOU
KTHULHU WE ARE OF YOU
KTHULHU COME AND WAKE US
KTHULHU COME AND TAKE US
KTHULHU TO THE DEPTHS OF DREAM
3. All sit in silence and stare trance on Totem. Once image is held, close eyes and visualize same image with all others gathered around, but. . . underwater with fish and sea plants all around. Hold Totem image. . . underwater, and see all others with green fish-like skin and features know that you are the same.
4. Main Magi begins calling "Wake Up" as all open eyes and see Totem is really still there and all stand slowly.
5. M. M. leads chant of:
This dream is life
Our dreams alive
6. M. M. leads chant change to "Dreams Rise" as all dance wildly around and M. M. torches Totem.
7. All keep dancing wildly and chanting as Totem burns and then banish ritual space with a fit of hysterical laughter.
. . .and what dreams will come, Kthulhu
Corpus Fecundi Index